How to add custom filament profile to Cura 1.5.0

Discuss Cura Type A, our fork of the Cura slicing software, here. Unstable releases may be made available in this section.

Moderator: Elijah

4Crawler

How to add custom filament profile to Cura 1.5.0

Postby 4Crawler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 pm

I have some custom filament profiles that I use with Cura. I can save and load them manually by selecting the files from the Load/Save Profile dialog box just fine. However, the last loaded profile doesn't get reloaded when I first start Cura and also it doesn't show up in the Load Material Profile list. I think if I could find where that built-in material profile list is, perhaps I could add my file(s) to that and have it automatically load.

Is there any way to make Cura automatically load the last profile or add a custom profile to the built in profile list?
Series1-Pro

4Crawler

Re: How to add custom filament profile to Cura 1.5.0

Postby 4Crawler » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:00 am

Also, in Cura, how can start/end.gcode file changes be made permanent? I commented out the extruder purge code in start.gcode to save wear and tear on the BuildTak sheet. I saved the changes, but after rebooting the PC, those changes are gone. Real PITA to have to re-configure things like this and the filament profile every time I restart Cura.

How can user changes be made permanent?
Series1-Pro

4Crawler

Re: How to add custom filament profile to Cura 1.5.0

Postby 4Crawler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am

OK, it seems the start/end.gcode data is stored in the profile. So if I save the start.gcode changes then re-save the profile I can have those changes in the profile. But how can a user profile be automatically loaded at start up in Cura 1.5? It seems to restart with some generic PLA profile loaded and I need to remember to reload my own profile every time I restart Cura. The 1.4 version would reload the last profile as I recall.
Series1-Pro

Return to “Cura Type A”