Upcoming Projects

The place to show off your epic printing projects. (Pictures or it didn’t happen!)

Moderator: Elijah

eeyore

projects we are working on

Postby eeyore » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 pm

All,

Wanted to break the ice and post the "first" message. We are so excited to join the 3D printer club.
Our first original projects are going to be

1. custom designed quad-copter. Be about 16inchs end-to-end. My son designed it on blender.

2. RC Airplane. I have all the parts. I'm going to print out the skeleton of the wing and cover it with
monokote. it will be small indoor plane, great for winter, about 15 inches wing span.

Joe

eeyore

Upcoming Projects

Postby eeyore » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:32 pm

We are designing two projects to print.

1. Quad-copter, this should be pretty easy

2. electric RC plane. I will print out skeleton, and use clear monokote to cover the wing. It will
an indoor flyer

Another project on the design table is a GumBall machine, right not it's just a concept. We picket up some
gumballs to get an idea of the size.

Will post pics once they are done.

Joe

Espen

Re: Upcoming Projects

Postby Espen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Please do - sounds awesome!

I‘m working on doing a series of head prints with 123D catch as soon as I get some spare time. I want to make some hunting trophies and door knockers!

- Espen

LaserGnomes

Re: Upcoming Projects

Postby LaserGnomes » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:02 pm

@eeyore please share if you find some decent files. Have been looking to make a quad copter to do some film/photography of our upcoming wedding. It's on the beach so thought would be really neat to get some "from the oceans POV" shots looking over the water to the ceremony.

Return to “Projects”