SD card mod

Share any mods you have made and the awesome results.

Moderator: Elijah

eeyore
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 pm

SD card mod

Postby eeyore » Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm looking for information about adding a SD to my printer. This will make is much more portable and free up the laptop I have driving the printer now. From reading many of the post it sounds like some people have already done this mod. Any information would be appreciated.

CurtM
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am

Re: SD card mod

Postby CurtM » Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 pm

eeyore wrote:I'm looking for information about adding a SD to my printer. This will make is much more portable and free up the laptop I have driving the printer now. From reading many of the post it sounds like some people have already done this mod. Any information would be appreciated.

You have a couple options, you can either wait for TAM to release their SD card unit or buy a RepRapDiscount LCD Controller and flash the modified firmware, open your Series 1 up, install it and then print out a case for the LCD Controller (There's a case model I made for the Series 1 up on the Google Drive).

LaserGnomes
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: SD card mod

Postby LaserGnomes » Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

CurtM wrote:you can either wait for TAM to release their SD card unit or


We gave ours back and the project has been shelved/back burnered for TAM it seems.

That said.. we are now in the market for this reprap solution as well.

CurtM
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am

Re: SD card mod

Postby CurtM » Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 pm

LaserGnomes wrote:
CurtM wrote:you can either wait for TAM to release their SD card unit or


We gave ours back and the project has been shelved/back burnered for TAM it seems.

That said.. we are now in the market for this reprap solution as well.

In that case Gnomes, get yourself a RepRapDiscount Controller! :P


Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests