Touch Interface?

Share any mods you have made and the awesome results.

Moderator: Elijah

LaserGnomes

Touch Interface?

Postby LaserGnomes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 pm

$500 and it's yours..

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2024490/ ... iness.html

Seriously looking at this and a mount for it... touch panel printer.. thank you. Design on printer? Why not.

Liquid

Re: Touch Interface?

Postby Liquid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 am

Not sure I would want to print from it. For it to feel right to me, this would have to just be a way to show the printer interface while it prints directly from SD. And that itself feels like an unnecessarily expensive way to go.

Atom processor, yechh. Seems like it could cause more problems than solves.

Tigerdirect has Core 2 Duo business/enterprise, small form factor pcs right now. Some are off lease and some are refurbs for $139. Comes with mouse and keyboard, add a cheap monitor or mid level touch screen, and you get waaaay more bang for the buck.

LaserGnomes

Postby LaserGnomes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Yeah exactly... looking at something 7" ... tablet.. hopefully real hardware not atom or mobile etc.

But frankly if this little SD reader board can run it.. why can't an andriod app?
Can't imagine it has more horse power than my dual core Nexus.

But if having the control we want over the machine directly... need a host PC.
And don't really want to dedicate room to keyboard/mouse (*would use micro bluetooth keyboard if we had too). Ideally a touchscreen could work for the minimal input of loading the files etc.

And going multitouch opens the doors for design on printer. Not really useable for our needs but could be something of interest to some designing in a group studio or educators etc.

turnrock

Postby turnrock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:10 pm

have you seen this mini pronterface lcd thing on thigiverse..super radhttp://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38749

Elijah
Site Admin

Postby Elijah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 am

^ Oh, that's good.
Elijah Post
Type A Machines

LaserGnomes

Postby LaserGnomes » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Seconded

Rodwagner

Postby Rodwagner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Andrew won't let us be out done I'm sure he will come up with a better one . Right Andrew...... It is a cool interface and tablets are really dropping and have the horsepower to give us a great wireless, Colored controller with video monitoring capabilities. Remember we are Type A Printers and only the best with great vision into the future is what they promise us.....

Return to “Mods”