How is infill selected?

Discuss Cura Type A, our fork of the Cura slicing software, here. Unstable releases may be made available in this section.

Moderator: Elijah

Fast one

How is infill selected?

Postby Fast one » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I loaded the new version that eliminated percent infill so how is that done and what does 2d and 3d mean?

4Crawler

Re: How is infill selected?

Postby 4Crawler » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:16 am

You set the infill spacing or distance. Then down at the bottom, in the grayed out info. section, it'll show you the infill percentage. At 3D/2mm I get 20% infill. I think that is based on an infill line @ 0.4mm, then the next one 2mm away, so 0.4/2 = 20%.

2D and 3D control the type of infill pattern. Not sure the exact differences, as my 3D infill seems to still be a grid pattern, but most of my parts are just simple round shapes.
https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20416-infill
Series1-Pro

Fast one

Postby Fast one » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks.

Fast one

Postby Fast one » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:45 am

This software should have been designed so that the percent fill could be selected OR the infill spacing, not the infill spacing only; the way it is now is ten steps backward from the way it was. Am I the only one who liked entering the percent fill? Was it too easy and fast? Instead of fixing something that wasn't broken why didn't Cura fix the inch or MM default so those who work in inches don't have to always change the scale by 25.4! Does Type A Machines have any meaningful input to Cura or do you take whatever they send out? When will the inch/MM choice be available and when will the percent fill choice be allowed again? Does anyone at Type A Machines care?

Return to “Cura Type A”