Cura Type A 1.5.0 Now Available

Discuss Cura Type A, our fork of the Cura slicing software, here. Unstable releases may be made available in this section.

Moderator: Elijah

Elijah
Site Admin

Cura Type A 1.5.0 Now Available

Postby Elijah » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:01 pm

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

After a successful public beta, we are pleased to announce the final version of Cura Type A 1.5.0. Thanks to everybody who contributed their time testing and providing feedback.

In addition, we are also announcing today the availability of two new filaments, EverydayPLA and PerformancePLA. Find out more here: https://www.typeamachines.com/blog/intr ... verydaypla

Below are release notes and download links for Cura Type A 1.5.0.

Contents
1. Version and OS Support
2. New Features
3. Download Cura Type A
4. Cura Type A Discussion Forum
5. How to Report Issues
6. Open Source Notice

Version: Cura Type A v1.5.0
OS Support:
Windows 8, 10
OS X 10.7 through 10.11.2
Linux Release TBA

ATTENTION MAC OS USERS: After it has been moved into the Applications folder, you must control-click on the program and select "open" in order to run this version of Cura Type A for the first time.

Version 1.5 Features and Improvements

-Introducing Type A Machines Everyday PLA and Performance PLA
-Material profile vendor list updated and re-organized
-78 materials total
-Absolute Dimensions - Specifying infill by millimeter rather than percentage
-3D Cubic Structure - Delivering axis-independent interior structure
-New Concentric Infill pattern introduced
-Infill Visualizer - Toggles the display of infill in-place
-'Infill Prints After Perimeter' setting defaults to True
-Expert Mode side panel now displays: Extrusion Width, Number of Shells, Infill and Flow Percentage
-Cmd/Ctrl-P now brings up the "Send to Printer" dialog
-Tag added to GCode files including which profile was used to generate the GCode
-User Notification for available Software Updates is now included

Download Cura Type A
Visit https://www.typeamachines.com/downloads/

Discussion Forum
To promote discussion among users, we host a dedicated discussion forum which can be found here: viewforum.php?f=16

Report Issues
If you run across any issues while using Cura Type A, please take a moment to report it to us so we can improve our software and your experience.

In order to help us, please note the following tips:
1. Verify you’re running Cura Type A v1.5.0 for OS X or Windows, or v1.3.3 for Linux, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.typeamachines.com/downloads
2. Please make a separate report for each issue. Don’t worry about reporting duplicates and don’t assume others will have reported an issue.
3. Report the issue here:
https://www.typeamachines.com/cura-type-a-bugs

While we can’t respond to every report, we review each and everyone to determine how to resolve the issue. Our engineers may contact with you with further questions if they need more information.

Thank You
We hope you have a great experience with Cura Type A and encourage you to visit our forums to learn tips and share your experience with others.

Type A Machines
Elijah Post
Type A Machines

jarhead

Re: Cura Type A 1.5.0 Now Available

Postby jarhead » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:05 am

I hope you changed that awful icon.

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 am

Is there any document explaining the material profile file changes from 1.4 to 1.5? I have a number of 1.4 profile files for some filaments I use from 1.4 that I'd like to move to 1.5. I assume I can't just use those files directly or can I?
Series1-Pro

Elijah
Site Admin

Postby Elijah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:42 pm

You can save them as .ini files and then re-import them into 1.5.
Elijah Post
Type A Machines

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 am

Elijah wrote:You can save them as .ini files and then re-import them into 1.5.

OK, thanks, that worked. I imported the .ini files that I had created for 1.4 and aside from the infill settings, looks like everything comes straight across. Will need to get the infill changes sorted out at some point.
Series1-Pro

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:24 pm

On Cura 1.4, when I uploaded to printer, I would see a Success or Failed message. With 1.5, when I upload, there is no status message. Is it assumed that no message means upload success?

Update: Looks like if I enlarge the default window size, I can now see the Success/Failure messages. I do get a fair number of upload failures although the part still seems to print fine.
Series1-Pro

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 am

With the 1.5 version, where are the default material profiles stored? I would like to add my custom profiles there so I can select them in the Load Material Profile menu. As is, I need to reload my profile each time Cura starts. I also find that if I use Fusion 360 to start Cura via the Make->3D Print menu, it starts a new Cura instance each time. With 1.4, I recall it used to send the model to the already running Cura window instead of making a new window.
Series1-Pro

Return to “Cura Type A”