Plugins & Temperature Calibration

Discuss Cura Type A, our fork of the Cura slicing software, here. Unstable releases may be made available in this section.

Moderator: Elijah

kerog777

Plugins & Temperature Calibration

Postby kerog777 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:02 pm

I wrote a couple plugins that people might find useful.

The first implements a special temperature for the first layer: a slightly hotter temperature can help with adhesion. This is a feature that Slic3r implements standard. Not sure why Cura doesn't have it.

The second varies the nozzle temperature with height. Use it with my customizable calibration tower to find out the best printing temperature for your filaments with a Type A: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1298948
Attachments
Plugins.zip
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

4Crawler

Re: Plugins & Temperature Calibration

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:27 am

Quick question on the Vary Temperature plugin and model. Say I want to print the default 220C model and settings, what do I set the extruder temp to in Cura? Do I set it to 220 or do I set it to 0 or does it matter?

Thanks.
Series1-Pro

Wizzle

Postby Wizzle » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:03 pm

4Crawler wrote:Quick question on the Vary Temperature plugin and model. Say I want to print the default 220C model and settings, what do I set the extruder temp to in Cura? Do I set it to 220 or do I set it to 0 or does it matter?

Thanks.

Good question 4Crawler, so what's the answer? Would just like to know otherwise I'll end up doing it wrong lol.

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 am

Wizzle wrote:Good question 4Crawler, so what's the answer? Would just like to know otherwise I'll end up doing it wrong lol.

I never found out anything nor could I get this plugin to do anything so I put it on the back burner.
Series1-Pro

kerog777

Postby kerog777 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:46 pm

4Crawler wrote:Quick question on the Vary Temperature plugin and model. Say I want to print the default 220C model and settings, what do I set the extruder temp to in Cura? Do I set it to 220 or do I set it to 0 or does it matter?

Sorry, it's been a while since I checked this forum. If I understand you correctly, you're asking what put in the normal extruder temperature setting. You should set it to the top temperature in the range you are testing. For example, for the Series 1 I do 240. This sets the M190 temperature (with wait) The plugin inserts M104 commands (which don't wait).

4Crawler

Postby 4Crawler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 pm

kerog777 wrote:Sorry, it's been a while since I checked this forum. If I understand you correctly, you're asking what put in the normal extruder temperature setting. You should set it to the top temperature in the range you are testing. For example, for the Series 1 I do 240. This sets the M190 temperature (with wait) The plugin inserts M104 commands (which don't wait).

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can try this out again.
Series1-Pro

Return to “Cura Type A”