Not Connected to Printer

A New Forum specifically for owners of the 2012/2013 Plywood Series 1.

Moderator: Elijah

Edson

Not Connected to Printer

Postby Edson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello Everyone:
Recently my Plywood Series 1 started to stop in the middle of a print (I had to trow out 3 incomplete models), and now I can not get it connected to the computer, the Pronterface gives me the message: "Not Connected to Printer", I have already checked if the USB cable was well connected inside the machine and it is, but it do not get connected to the computer, I don't know if this is related to the upgrade from Window 8 to Windows 10, but before this happened I printed 2 parts without trouble (already in Windows 10), I have already tried to use the Repetier Host but the result is the same: "Connection Failed".
Any advice on what to do is welcome.

jarhead

Re: Not Connected to Printer

Postby jarhead » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am

First, look in device manager and see if you have a "Unknown Device" listed

Edson

Postby Edson » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:30 pm

It shows: Arduino Mega 2560 (COM3)

jarhead

Postby jarhead » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 am

Do you have the software set to use com 3?

Edson

Postby Edson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 am

It is set to use COM3.
Now, I never use the "Reset" Button in Pronterface, but I clicked on it by mistake recently, so I am wondering if this Reset erased the Printer configuration needed to get it connected.

jarhead

Postby jarhead » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Leave the printer powered off. Take the electronics cover off and connect your pc to the printer.
You should see a light on the RAMPS board come on, then go off. There should also be a light on the Arduino but you may need to look through the Lexan to see it.
Does the light on the RAMPS go out or stay on?

Edson

Postby Edson » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:20 pm

On the RAMPS I saw a blue flickering light, it flickered about 4 times and then went off, and then after that, behind on the Arduino Mega, I saw an orange light that turned On and then went off.

jarhead

Postby jarhead » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:06 am

You may want to try to uninstall/install the driver/software.
It seems like the boards are working but can't say for sure without going further with them. If you're familiar enough, I would try to upload a new sketch to the Arduino to see if it works. There,s a test sketch for the ramps floating around, that should do. Then you will have to upload the firmware again though.

Edson

Postby Edson » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 am

Hello
I don't think I am familiar enough with the process to do that, I may need specific steps to follow to get them done.
Another problem that I am facing is that it seems like if I can not run the re install because the Windows 10 is not allowing me to do so, It is my understanding that I need the Administrator Privileges, and I has not been able to set the Administrator Account in Windows 10.
Well too many problems, but I will appreciate if you continue to guide me to get the printer working again.
Thank you!

jarhead

Postby jarhead » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:17 am

That's probably the problem then. I think the Arduino needs admin rights. Could be wrong but that would be a good bet.

Return to “Plywood Series 1”