Plywood Series 1 + Pronterface + Windows 10

A New Forum specifically for owners of the 2012/2013 Plywood Series 1.

Moderator: Elijah

d3cubed

Plywood Series 1 + Pronterface + Windows 10

Postby d3cubed » Sun May 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi There

I seem to be having a problem installing / connecting the Plywood series 1 under windows 10, trying to connect I end up with all sorts of garbled ascii characters in Pronterface when connecting, also I'm not sure if the printer is properly installed as no printer is listed in the device manager - does anyone know of any tricks or ways to get the Plywood Series 1 to work with windows 10 also is the Plywood 1 compatible with Cura?

Thanks
Gareth
Dcubed Medical Devices

jarhead

Re: Plywood Series 1 + Pronterface + Windows 10

Postby jarhead » Mon May 09, 2016 9:10 am

You need to look into installing Arduino software on Windows 10. I don't know of any problems with it but you should check with their forum, you'll get a ton more help than here. When you connect to the printer, you are actually connecting to the Arduino in the printer.

If you want to stop having any issues with any OS version, just get yourself a raspberry PI or Beaglebone and use Octoprint. If you aren't familiar, the RaspPi or BBB will be the host PC for the printer. You will just be pulling up a webpage to access the printer. Makes a world of difference!
There's a version out called OctoPi, has all dependencies included, not sure if that will run on a BBB though so get the RaspPi if interested.

One suggestion I will give you is make sure you are connecting at 230400. You have to set that manually. That's what the printer is set for.

d3cubed

Re: Plywood Series 1 + Pronterface + Windows 10

Postby d3cubed » Tue May 10, 2016 4:20 am

Hi Jarhead,

Silly me - I haven't used the printer in such a long time, I forgot the baud rate.... :) i tried with 230400 and so seems to be working 100%

Return to “Plywood Series 1”