Heated bed connector

A space for working on issues specific to Series 1. Includes Beta groups and production machines.

Moderator: Elijah

Jaguar_5

Heated bed connector

Postby Jaguar_5 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Hey guys,

So I recently did some upgrades on my 2014 Series 1, including adding a silicon heater with SSR. Everything is working but I need to properly finish it by adding the connector.

I would like to know what type of connector the Series 1 Pro heated build plate uses in case I ever would like to purchase and use the OEM HBP. A pinout (which 2 pins are AC, which 2 are thermistor) would be great as well so I can ensure compatibility.

It almost looks like an M12 connector but perhaps not? Type A Machines was not willing to provide this information unfortunately...

Fast one

Re: Heated bed connector

Postby Fast one » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Will they sell you the connectors?

Jaguar_5

Postby Jaguar_5 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:01 pm

They won't sell them, they won't even tell me what type of connector they are.

Fast one

Postby Fast one » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:36 pm

I doubt you will ever have to buy a heated bed from Series 1, what you have now should last a long time and there's no guarantee they won't change the design in the future. I used two connectors to separate the low and high voltage wires but these connectors can be ordered with four pins if only one connector is desired, http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... -ND/526168 and http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... -ND/526171. The vertical placement of the Series 1 connector on the plastic floor is easy to copy but mounting the connector sideways reduces the bending stress on the cable when the bed goes up and down,Image.

sawozny

Postby sawozny » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 am

Hey, slightly off topic-ish, but I recently detached my Series1 Pro's floor plate to give it and the frame a thorough cleaning while I'm between phases on my project (I use hairspray for bed adhesion; works great, but gets EVERYWHERE). Anyway, I tried to be careful as it doesn't fully detach without some tool work inside the guts of the machine, but it seems that while the blue and brown high voltage cables (presumably for actual heating) have stayed attached, the low voltage black and white cables terminated in what looks like a standard jumper (presumably the temperature sensor), have not. Anyone have a picture of the inside of the Series 1 Pro, particularly showing where the HPB's temperature cables connect?

Return to “Series 1”