E-tray fan replacement?

A space for working on issues specific to Series 1. Includes Beta groups and production machines.

Moderator: Elijah

AdamAquatic

E-tray fan replacement?

Postby AdamAquatic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Has anyone found a good replacement for the E-tray fan? I'm having a little trouble sourcing one and I need to find something quickly. So far, the best I've found is priced at $3.50 including shipping, but that's a 4 pin model and my Series 1 requires 2 pins.

It appears to be a Chnese brand. Gdt?

Model number GDt8025S12B
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 393 times

astalsi

Re: E-tray fan replacement?

Postby astalsi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 pm

It's a standard 12v PC fan. I think it's the 80mm size. You shouldn't need to match the brand or model. In fact, of you've got a local computer shop you could probably just go there.... the only thing special about the fan is the LEDs.

TAM might say otherwise, but you're *probably* okay running without a fan. I did this for about a month when one of my fans failed. All the electronics in there are designed to be passively cooled. If it worries you, removing the e tray cover should give more than sufficient airflow.

Steve

AdamAquatic

Re: E-tray fan replacement?

Postby AdamAquatic » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks, Steve! I was able to find a quick replacement online that should be here tomorrow so I can get the project moving again. The exact replacement fan with the LEDs will arrive in a week or two. What can I say? Those lights look cool. lol

Return to “Series 1”