Series 1 jerk settings seem conservative

A space for working on issues specific to Series 1. Includes Beta groups and production machines.

Moderator: Elijah

nkloski

Series 1 jerk settings seem conservative

Postby nkloski » Wed May 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Anyone know why this is, from a design perspective? I have a Mendel Max 2 printer, and a TAM printer. A model was sliced for both printers, with the only change being the bed size.

The MM took 15 hours and the TAM printer took 22 hours for the same part. the MM has jerk settings that allow it to print faster, and the TAM printer seems to not have those...anyone have an idea why? Can the TAM printer not take more aggressive jerk settings?

NoNaym

Re: Series 1 jerk settings seem conservative

Postby NoNaym » Tue May 17, 2016 1:50 pm

I don't really have an answer, but my assumption was that the jerk settings in TAM's Series 1 Marlin firmware were set the way they are (2.0, 5.0, and 5.0) mainly to combat ringing and/or the dreaded corduroy issue. Definitely been curious if that or something similar was causing my Series 1 prints to go much longer than S3D has been estimating.

Would definitely be interested in getting TAM's reasoning for these settings.

My machine does not have the upgraded and reinforced x-axis yet, but I would think that if said upgrades are doing what they are supposed to... those settings should be safe to increase.

Return to “Series 1”