Keyboard Controls not working

A space for working on issues specific to Series 1. Includes Beta groups and production machines.

Moderator: Elijah

todaroa

Keyboard Controls not working

Postby todaroa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:16 am

Hello,

I'm attempting to set up the keyboard controls to use with a wireless keyboard to move the printer motors because the printer is in a different part of the room than the computer, but the check box in the settings doesn't seem to have any effect in turning it on or off. I've gone into the config.yaml file in the .octoprnit folder and enabled it under the features section, but on restarting the printer the config.yaml file reverts back to normal and doesn't show the changes I have made. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jarhead

Re: Keyboard Controls not working

Postby jarhead » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:53 am

If you are using Octoprint, you can access the printer from anywhere in the world. Why would you connect a keyboard to it?

todaroa

Postby todaroa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:55 pm

In our setup we cannot set it up on the internet. It's running as a stand alone instance connected directly to a PC. We are just going to use a wireless keyboard with the PC and use the keys to control the motors for leveling the build plate when necessary.

jarhead

Postby jarhead » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:18 am

You don't need it on the internet to access it from your LAN though.
Just web into the Octoprint from another pc on the LAN.

Maybe I'm not understanding but that's what Octoprint is for.

todaroa

Postby todaroa » Mon May 02, 2016 5:09 am

Well it's not even connected to LAN. It's connected to the computer using a crossover cable. We are just hoping to enable the octoprint keyboard controls since they appear to not be implemented in the Series 1 code. I've found where it's implemented in Octoprint and moved files around to get the overlay appearing, but the functionality doesn't come with it.

Return to “Series 1”