Stepper Driver Comparison for upgrade

A space for working on issues specific to Series 1. Includes Beta groups and production machines.

Moderator: Elijah

Elijah
Site Admin

Re: Stepper Driver Comparison for upgrade

Postby Elijah » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:06 pm

The TMC2100 drivers ship of all 2015 Series 1 models, as well as Series 1 Pros. From what I have seen, skipping is largely eliminated. The drivers are far less susceptible to overheating, and they produce fewer visual artifacts than the A4988s with the right tweaking.
Elijah Post
Type A Machines

JohnR

Postby JohnR » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 pm

I just installed the SSS drivers on my 2014 Series1 beta machine (B0049). I removed the left and center jumpers, per this article...
http://support.typeamachines.com/hc/en- ... 20settings

I didn't have to reverse the motor cables.

My print starts out fine, but suddenly after it makes the outer shell, the infill goes all nutso. It is like the coordinate system is suddenly completely off for both axes. The print just makes lines everywhere around the entire build plate. I know the G-code is good because it worked with the old drivers installed in the machine. I also tried this print with the all three jumpers in place with the new SSS drivers and it still did the same thing... What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas or suggestions?

I really don't want to have to go back to the old drivers, these ones are so quiet! How does that work?

Elijah
Site Admin

Postby Elijah » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

IIRC, we don't use any jumpers on the machines currently coming out the door.
Elijah Post
Type A Machines

mrSEADEMON

Postby mrSEADEMON » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:08 pm

for TMC2100 need mor Wind
I use one big Fan 120 120
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjBLIgZNF8

mrSEADEMON

Postby mrSEADEMON » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:38 am

Does it make sense to increase the voltage is less than 0.9? I try use 0,9 but when i try print model i have a lot of problem with Y axe. I put 1.25 and after print send a report

Return to “Series 1”