THAR SHE BLOWS!!!

All general topics and questions.

Moderator: Elijah

LaserGnomes

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!

Postby LaserGnomes » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:26 pm

So Microsoft and Nettfab are ... I don't want to get graphic.. but it involves some beds and some sharing of coding lets say.

cloud.netfabb.com now goes to azure (microsoft) server.
https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

No more email wait time... fix while you watch.. download from there directly.

All you need is a Microsoft account and a willingness to let them look at your models (dramatic chipmunk.avi)

-LG

jb69

Re: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!

Postby jb69 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 pm

I got have a good look (and play) with the Microsoft Builder app and native printer installation while at the 'Build' conference. It is pretty slick but when people were not there to keep all the the 3D printers (new metal print bots) running there were a lot of mid-air prints going on. Definitely not a consumer level feature yet.

This sounds like a good advance though, I don't think M$ is that interested in your print files and if there were how safe do you think your files are on your hard drive.. :shock: (just to up the tension on the conspiracy theory)

LaserGnomes

Postby LaserGnomes » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 am

I'm pretty sure that if I told some clients that we used automated processes provided by microsoft they'd fire us.

Thankfully we aren't dependent on netfab to fix (and in some cases break further) our models.
But for the rest of you.... tread carefully. It does look like a quality product though. Not the print driver (never seen that) though... as for airprinting.. I see a LOT of that with all solutions. Isn't air printing the norm?

-LG

turnrock

Postby turnrock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 am

LaserGnomes

Postby LaserGnomes » Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 am

THERE SHE IS BOYS>... MAN THE HARPOONS!!!!!!

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20140515- ... nting.html

So like... 2 years of being a beta monkey that can't talk about it pays off.

Enjoy world.
AD comes to our spot tomorrow for a 3 hour experience observation into our workflow and process.

Fitting...it's a corn field... PLA....

-LG

Return to “General Discussion”