Extrusion woes

All general topics and questions.

Moderator: Elijah

dmkilgo

Extrusion woes

Postby dmkilgo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:35 am

Hi all. I'm printing a part with a long, thin rectangular cross section (~25 x 280 mm) on my series 1 pro. I've been having lots of issues with my extruder motor skipping and causing inconsistent (material missing due to skip) or failed prints. I've replaced the driver and the jumper cable for the extruder in the e-tray, but I'm still having the same issue. I am currently attempting to print the part again, and I've noticed that the skipping doesn't seem to happen when the layer has been sliced in such a way that the hot end makes many short passes; however, when it prints the next layer and makes long, straight runs it skips very frequently. Also, once the shell is printed and it begins printing infill (so more short passes) I don't see the skipping, but when it prints the perimeter (long, continuous path) it begins skipping again. Any ideas or suggestions?

4Crawler

Re: Extrusion woes

Postby 4Crawler » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:19 am

Might see if there is any increased drag off the filament spool when it's pulled out fast. I had some problems with my sealed filament box and after modifying the filament feed path, it's working fine now.
Series1-Pro

Fast one

Re: Extrusion woes

Postby Fast one » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:05 am

Have you tried increasing the stepper motor currents?

Return to “General Discussion”