Cura solid fill options and roll binding questions

All general topics and questions.

Moderator: Elijah

wearymicrobe

Cura solid fill options and roll binding questions

Postby wearymicrobe » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 am

New owner here machine "2008".

Got the printer out of the box and with some very small adjustments we have been kicking out small parts left and right over the last few days. but having some issues.

Is there a quick and easy way to force Cura to create solid wall structures; IE no internal cavity's. I am doing a lot of delicate 3mm scaffolding that will eventually be rigidly fixed inside an epoxy gel float. Only issue is that without a solid wall of material the walls are deforming and de-laminating when I am trying to remove them from the print raft.

Second I am getting binding on the print head spool when printing in the top left back position near the home position. Effectivly the roll is binding up in the feed line and causing the feeder to stutter. Any fix to this. Can I just extend the 1/4 PFT tube sheathing. Just looking for something that you guys know will work as my prints are now in the 10-11 hour range and having to start over really sucks down the part flow.

jarhead

Re: Cura solid fill options and roll binding questions

Postby jarhead » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Click "Expert", "switch to full settings", then "Fill Density" is what you want. Set to 100% for solid.

The other problem, what exactly is "the print head spool"? Anyone that can answer would have to see exactly what's causing it to know but if you think extending the tube will work, try it.
I can tell you this, causing the feeder to stutter... if you mean the extruder isn't extruding, chances are the bed isn't level. What happens is, the bed blocks the extruder end and, then also blocks extrusion. So you usually will get some clicks in the extruder.

wearymicrobe

Re: Cura solid fill options and roll binding questions

Postby wearymicrobe » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Perferc tound the 100% option like two seconds before you posted. All is well and its kicking out the part as I type.

Effectivly the spooled plastic was binding up in the supplied tube that feeds the nozzle. Made it ~4 inches longer with some NPT 1.4 and it works gangbusters now.

Just finished the raft on a 20x22x18cm piece witht he 100% fill so holpefully everything goes ok tonight. Looking at a 9 hour print.

Return to “General Discussion”