Printing with Taulman t-glase

All general topics and questions.

Moderator: Elijah

Printing with Taulman t-glase

Postby james » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 am

hello fellow TAM users. has anyone had success printing with taulman's t-glase? i can't for the life of me get a good print started. filament extrudes very easily (printing at 220), but when i start my print, nothing makes it out and onto the base plate until well into the second layer. this obviously presents a significant challenge to maintaining the print stability.

i have tried re-running the print at temperatures from 218 up to 235, all with the same issue. i have no issues running the print with PLA (also at 220).

is there some setting i am neglecting to change when switching to t-glase?

Re: Printing with Taulman t-glase

Postby BillDempsey » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

I haven't purchased my TAM S1 Pro, yet. But on my other printers, I've had better results printing T-glase at 245c.

Bill Dempsey
3-D printing enthusiast, maker, designer, and general tech geek.
Currently own a Type A Machines Series 1 Pro and Ultimaker 2.
Donated my Ultimaker original and CubeX Trio to my local maker space.

Postby JeffC » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Has anyone tried printing light-pipes with Taulman t-glase?
I loaded the config for t-glase into cura for the TAM S1 and followed the suggestions given on the Taulman website for printing light-pipes here:
The results for the light-pipe I printed where only moderately succcessful. Mainly I couldn't get the top and bottom layers to print as a solid strands from end-to-end as shown on the link above.
Does anyone have any suggestions on things to try? I appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Postby Matthew » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Jeff,

Can you post pictures of your printing results? Also, what temperatures and other settings did you use?

I'm from support. I'm here to help.

Return to “General Discussion”